Today, I extended the cleanse and it produced good results. I'm not sure the results are worth keep going for. My intestines feel thoroughly cleansed. Unless something crazy happens in the morning, the cleanse ends tomorrow!
Today, I got a role to play one of Jesus' disciple in THE THORN performed by New Life Church. This production has about 700 people participating and even the practice made me tear up a little bit. As I acted as one of the disciples, with all those people around, it was easy to get into character. It felt real. It's almost like I could see through the eyes of the disciples for a moment or a second or something. I haven't decided if I will join this production, but I am impressed. Not only am I impressed by the caliber of this production, I felt very welcomed by the cast members. Well done thorn people.
That's the cleanse update for the day and it could, perhaps, be the last.
An eventful cleanse day!
During the day's course, I found myself in the bathroom twice--releasing toxins from my body! Finally, the efforts paid off and my body is ridding harm into the toilet.
Ironically, this happened to be the last day of my cleanse.
Because my body is doing this, I am extending the cleanse until tomorrow morning to see what else my body produces (in the salt water flush). If it produces nothing, I end this and eat food again.
I'm very curious. This alone motivates me to press on.
To be honest, I'm starting to feel a deep hunger inside of me. On top of that, I'm getting pretty skinny. If it wasn't curiousity, I'd end immediately.
Here's a new picture I edited today.
Tomorrow is my last day, though I haven't experienced significant cleansing. I lost a lot of weight and use the last notch on my belt now. Losing weight was not my goal.
My self control, discipline and sensitivity have increased. I am thankful that God allowed me to journey this Master Cleanse. The fasted lifestyle is a blessed lifestyle because it forces us to daily punch our souls in the face and let our spirits lead. As we walk by the spirit, we experience the heart and direction of the Father in intimate ways--just like Adam did as he walked in the cool of the day (the cool of the day can also be translated as wind which can also be translated as spirit).
In my small group, after we watched a teaching from "Becoming Who You Are" by Dutch Sheets (which I highly suggest or his book "Roll Away Your Stone"), I felt like the LORD wanted to bringing healing to the women in our group. So, we began speaking identity and life by saying things like, "You are beautiful and loved" or "You are not failure and you will fulfill your destiny as a daughter of the King." Some of the women began to weep and others meditated on the internal work the Father began inside of them. So powerful. So so powerful. I loved being part of this. I love watching women blossom as the men offered their strength--truly a beautiful demonstration.
Another uneventful cleansing today. Though I'm losing weight, I'm not losing the toxins inside of my colon. This is unfortunate. Unless progress dramatically changes, this cleanse ends Monday night (after 7 complete days of fasting/cleansing). After that, I continue the Daniel fast until March 2nd and my house guys are each ordering a pizza from different companies. For some reason, we've craved all sorts of pizza brands (Papa John's, Louie's, Boriello Brothers, etc.), so we're getting those varieties! I'm totally stoked for that.
An uneventful cleansing day, but still an eventful day. Here are some of those events.
- I edited some pictures I took yesterday. Some of them turned out like man-engagement pictures. A lot of bro-mance going on, but they like women (picture below)
- I went to Denver for a gathering of Kingdom leaders in Colorado. It was an encouraging experience to hear what the LORD is doing through out the state. I believe God is going to marry different strategies and the generations in order to bring awakening and reformation on an unprecedented scale. Some of these seasoned leaders are giving young emerging leaders--like--me a voice and are serious about this whole spirit of adoption and unity in the body. I loved it.
- Went bowling with a group of friends.
Still, not much is happening. A few of my friends are experiencing the same--just "water poops."
On the other hand, two guys are experiencing short scale cleansing. What's the deal? If you've done The Master Cleanse and experienced the same, please let me know and give me insight.
EVENTS FROM DAY 3
- Dominated the Salt water flush (suprisingly, drinking a quart of salt water is getting easy)
- Not experiencing too much hunger (I believe the Maple Syrup helps a lot)
- Using the Urinal quite a bit
- Really wanting to eat "Louie's Pizza" (a bunch of us moved a gigantic hot tub and got this pizza as a reward, but I didn't partake)
- Really wanting to eat Burger King (their dollar menu is off the hook!)
- I can feel the potion burning inside of me
Those are pretty much the events from Day 3
Not much is happening. It’s only day two, but I thought more junk would come out of me by now. These are some of the highlights.
- Not a lot of junk is coming out of me, water.
- Drinking a quart of salt water was a lot easier this morning.
- Felt a little hungry today—the potion helps sooth that.
- Always cautious of farting because water is always wanting to come out.
So far, as I’m reading online testimonials and relating them to my experience, I feel like this cleanse is a hoax. Only finishing two days, I’m not yet ready to make a conclusion. Be it fake, I’d still go through this process to simply enjoy the journey with my friends.
My friends Philip, Amreitha, Bailey and I bought organic lemons, Grade B Maple Syrup (whatever that is), Sea Salt, Cayenne Pepper and distilled water last night in order to begin “The Master Cleanse.”
All this organic stuff is really expensive. Jesse Mutzebaugh responded to this well when he said
"It should not cost that much money to fast."
I’m curious to see if this cleanse is really going to get rid of all the caked up junk inside of me. Curiosity, as it typically is, my primary motivation for this—even above the healthy and spiritual ones.
EVENTS FROM DAY 1
- Philip and Started the day with a Salt Water Flush. We drank 1 quart of salt water and it was Hell. For some reason, Philip had no problem whatsoever pounding it down. My gag reflexes went crazy. I vomited some of it. Instead of chugging, I sipped my salt water on my way to 7 a.m. prayer.
- This Salt Water flush causes your bowels to move rather fast. In prayer this morning, 5 of us had started the master cleanse right before. Most had to ditch the place of corporate prayer (for awhile) and use the restroom (for awhile).
- The potion we are drinking is filling. I’m surprised to not feel the hunger usually felt in a fast.
- Besides getting rid of the salt water, I’m not releasing as much as I would like to.
Nothing too exciting happened today. If you’re curious about this process, I’m going to be updating this daily and potentially put some videos up (not in the toilet).
I am about to do "The Master Cleanse" and I'm very excited. This is going to clean out my intestines and much more.
During this month, a lot of my friends and I have been doing different types of fasting. I'm finding that we are becoming more and more comfortable with a "lifestyle of fasting." This lifestyle has many health, as well as spiritual, benefits.
When a few of the disciples found themselves unable to cast a demon out, Jesus told them they needed to fast. I'm seeing a lot of vices and faults today that the Church is unable to cast out, and I wonder if Jesus' principle still applies here. In that passage, Jesus then discusses the issues of faith. If you have the faith of a mustard seed, He says, you can throw mountains into water.
Because Jesus addresses faith, it seems like unbelief is the issues that prevented these few disciples from casting out the demon. When we fast, we are so dependent on God, that our unbelief begins to dies. We become more sensitive to the things of the Spirit and the death of sin. Unbelief begins to die when fasting--at least that's what I'm experiencing.
With all the issues of the Church, I believe fasting and praying will help us clean up and begin a revolution. A revolution that sees many Christians enter into a true relationship with Jesus Christ and begin the process of societal reformation. If you are dealing with unbelief and want to change, I suggest you fast. If you are wanting to see the Church function as she was supposed, I suggest you fast. If you want to walk in a deeper level of dependency on the LORD, I suggest you fast.
When a person fasts, he or she is not starving--just changing the diet from natural food to spiritual food, like reading the bible (eating the scroll) and praying.